Here are a few things that caught my attention that I wanted to share with you this week.
1. This upcoming week Debbie and I will be on vacation. Carolyn Thomas, a certified candidate for ministry, from St. Paul's UMC will be here to bring us the message. Please come and support her as she worships with us.
2. I am beginning a new Bible Study on February 25th, Christianity and World Religions: Wrestling with Questions People Ask. In this study we will take a look at the five major world religions, Hinduism, Buddhism, Islam, Judaism, and Christianity and examine what each practice truly believes. The cost for the workbook is $11 and scholarships are available. If you do not want a workbook and just want to come to class that is absolutely fine as well. You will see a sign up sheet in your bulletin this week. I hope to see ALL of you there!!
3. The Easter Tableau outreach event is quickly approaching and planning is getting underway. If you are interested in being a part of the leadership team and helping to head up one of the areas of the Tableau or have questions about what would be required of you on this team, please contact either Eunice or Peggy Sue as soon as possible to let them know.
4. Don't forget to check us out on Facebook and on the blog. There many ways to stay in touch now a day and our church is utilizing them. We have a group page on Facebook and this blog kept by me. Both of these are wonderful ways to stay in touch with one another during the week. Things happen all the time so be sure to check these places out to keep up to date.
5. This month we are having an Ash Wednesday service, on February 17th at 6pm in the Fellowship Hall. I hope you will make plans to attend as we begin the season of Lent together.