Here are some things that I want to pass along to everyone!
1. Church Picnic - Tomorrow is our annual Church picnic at Santos Recreation Park, beginning at 11:30am. It will be a great time of fellowship and fun. Please make plans to come. I hope to see all of you there!
2. Bible Study with Pastor Daryl – Our new world religions bible study will continue next week at 11:30am on Thursday as we examine the beliefs of Judaism. The evening class will not meet that week so everyone has a chance to experience the Easter Tableau. Both classes will resume April 15th.
3. Certified Lay Speakers – If you are interested in becoming a Certified Lay Speaker there is a training coming up. The North Central District's lay servant training event is Saturday, April 24 and Saturday, May 1 from 9am to 4pm at Trinity United Methodist Church Gainesville, 4000 NW 53rd Ave, Gainesville, FL 32653. Both days are required. It would be great to have a few certified lay speakers in our congregation. If you have any questions please contact Pastor Daryl or the church office. There are also brochures in the narthex with more information as well.
4. Easter Sunday Items - April 4th is Easter Sunday and we are asking all of you to bring a few items to worship if possible.
- Easter Flower Cross – We are doing the flower cross once again so we need people to bring flowers to help decorate it.
- Easter Sunday Bells – We are asking everyone to bring a bell on Easter Sunday morning. They can be any size, shape, or style. We are going ring these bells in celebration as we make a joyful noise together and truly celebrate Easter and our Risen Savior!
5. Personal Care Sunday – This Sunday is Personal Care Sunday for our church. If you have any personal care items please bring them to worship so we can donate them to Interfaith. There will be wicker baskets on the front pew for you to drop these items off.
I hope everyone has a great weekend and I look forward to seeing all of you on Sunday!