1. Preaching Series - Why do you go to church? Why do you devote your life to Christ? Tough questions that do not have a concise and simple answer. We all have different reasons for living a life of faith. For the next three weeks we will look at the questions, "Who is God?", "Who am I?", and "Who Are We Together?" as we seek to flesh out our sense of why we worship God. Invite a friend and come and let us all be transformed together! I look forward to seeing you there!
2. Bible Study - Starting February 2nd we will begin a new study entitled, Delving Deeper: A Journey Through Phillipians. This is a study written by local author and pastor, Charissa Jaeger-Sanders. We will use journaling, sketching, and doodling as a means of connecting with this piece of Scripture as we go verse-by-verse. I encourage you to come and join us in this six week study that will stretch you, educate you, and enlighten you. All the details and the form to register can be found by clicking here. You may also get the information and register on the insert in this weeks bulletin or by calling the church office. Invite a friend and I hope to see you all there!
3. Third Sundays - Beginning this month, on the third Sunday of each month, we will collect "gently used and clean" clothes for the Sisterhood/Brotherhood outreach. As always there will be baskets on the front pew for you to place your donations. Thank you in advance for your generosity in supporting this vital ministry.
4. Quarterly Honor Roll - Today, I was informed of a wonderful opportunity that is given to all of us here in Ocala, at Veteran's Memorial Park. Once a quarter the great veterans of this county, along with law enforcement agencies, and our high school ROTC programs, gather to pay honor and tribute to the veterans in our community that have passed away. It is a time to remember not only the impact they made in the lives of those that knew them, but also for the sacrifice they made for our country. The next ceremony will be this Saturday, 01/07, at 10am, at the Veteran's Memorial Park, located at 2601 SE Fort King Street. For more information you can read the article that appears in today's edition of the Ocala Star Banner or click here to read it online.
5. Carol Peterson's Memorial Service - Next Saturday, January 14th, at 11:30am, we will all gather together here in the Sanctuary to honor Carol. There will be reception following the service in Fellowship Hall. As you are available, I encourage you to come and support the Peterson family as we celebrate and remember this dear woman.