Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Midweek Moment

Last week I was in Leesburg for the first part of the week, leading a gathering for a Conference Board I serve. This group is called Shade and Fresh Water and we have been in existence for about 13 years seeking ways to strengthen the spiritual health of the clergy, their families, and the staff of the Florida Conference. One of the benefits of our group diversity is that we are so blessed to have several Spiritual Directors serve on this board.

This past week, one of these Spiritual Directors would take turns helping us begin our day together. Each day we would meet at 7:30 A.M. with a time of silent prayer and meditation in the small chapel at the Life Enrichment Center. We would enter in, take off our shoes, and sit quietly as we listened to chant music play in the background. It was a tremendous way to start our day, giving the Holy Spirit a place to commune with us, speak to us, and strengthen us.

I was so amazed at how this affected my day. I found myself feeling closer to God. I found my grace and patience towards others and stressful situations had increased. I felt myself operating from a deeper well of strength, a closer sense of being connected to God.

I tell you all of this to invite you to find a way, or renew a way, in which you can connect with God. Maybe you find that quiet time to just sit and listen. Maybe you find that place where you can volunteer and feel the presence of God in your midst. There is no way we can continue to be all God called us to be, if we do not take time to connect with God daily. So look at your routines, readjust if necessary, add new aspects if needed, but I encourage you to connect with God, not once a week, but daily. God is eager to connect with you, God just needs the opportunity.

Have a great week and I will see you Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment