Friday, July 31, 2009

Friday Fives

1. I will not be in worship with you all this Sunday. Dr. Walter Edwards has graciously agreed to be with you in my absence and I am sure you will have a truly worshipful experience. I will return August 9th and we will celebrate the Sacrament of Communion together.

2. Tomorrow, 8/1, is our Back to School Yard Sale. Our volunteers have been hard at work today sorting and organizing all of the items that were brought in today. There was a steady stream of people for most of the morning. Please be in prayer for this event and if you get a chance come on out!

3. Starting August 9th we will be beginning a new preaching series, Lessons from Moses. We are going to take a trip through Exodus and look at the different lessons we can learn from the life and experiences of one of our great Biblical heroes.

4. We are going to begin a new Bible study series in August. There is an announcement in this week's bulletin so be sure to check it out. I will post more information about it in the weeks to come. I hope you all can make plans to take part in this exciting and informative study.

5. As part of my "Reading the Bible in a Year" (the readings I post in this blog) I have been focusing on the book of Psalm this week and I wanted to share something with you that really spoke to me this morning. From Psalm 107:1-2,

Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good!
His faithful love endures forever.
Has the Lord redeemed you? Then speak out!

Tell others He has saved you from your enemies.
For He has gathered the exiles from many lands,
from east and west, from north and south.

I wrote in my margin "Praise Him constantly!" What a wonderful reminder of God's faithfulness and love!

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment