1. Today has often been referred to as the day America will never forget. It was eight years ago today that we as a country endured a terrible tragedy. People are still trying their best to cope with the events and lives lost on this day in 2001. I want to pass on a website to you:
This was given to me by our Administrative Assistant, Carole, who received it from her son who is also a United Methodist Pastor. This website leads you to a wonderful United Methodist resource that will give you some Scripture and thoughts to guide you as we reflect on this day and continue to rely on God for direction. I truly hope it will benefit you.
2. Preaching Series – We began our new preaching series this past week that is focusing on the five, historical practices of the Methodist Church. This week we will talk about one of the five practices, Radical Hospitality, and see what that Scripture says about it and how we can carry this out in this world.
3. Bible Study – Another week, another great turn out. We continued our look into the Protestant faiths by discussing Presbyterianism and discussing how being more cerebral in our understanding of our faith can actually deepen and enrich our relationship with God. Next week we are looking at Anglicanism, which is the branch of faith where John Wesley centered his faith.
4. Nominations Committee Meeting – It is that time of year again. Charge Conference is right around the corner and we need to gather this committee together to discuss positions that need to be filled. If you are on this committee please make plans to attend on Wednesday, September 30th at 10am, in the Pastor's Office.
5. My Schedule – This upcoming week I will be attending a Florida Conference mandated seminar in Lake Wales and will be out of the office.
I hope you all have a wonderful week and truly experience all that God has in store for you!