Here are a few things that I wanted to bring to your attention this week:
1. Preaching Series - We are continuing our preaching series this Sunday, Heroes of the Faith. We are looking at the examples of faith lived out by some of our Biblical Heroes and what we can learn from them. This week we will focus on Joseph.
2. Vacation Bible School - I would like to see us host a week of Vacation Bible School this year here at Druid Hills. If you are interested in helping out in any way, teaching a class, serving snack, organizing the programs, please contact either the church office or myself so we can get this organized and going.
3. Open Invitation - I would like to call you attention to an invitation issued by John Clayton. It reads as follows:
To those who love God & Druid Hills UMC & believe in the power of prayer. Come & meet with me at 9:45am on Sunday mornings for group prayer. We will be lifting up our Pastor Daryl & the body of Christ as known here at Druid Hills. We will meet in the Educational Building in the room designated, "Together Class", at the end of the hall. May God look with favor on our efforts to seek His guidance & wisdom.
4. May Newsletter - These are available for pickup in the Narthex. And just so you know I also publish the newsletter right here on the blog. I would love to hear what you think about reading it in this online format.
5. White Goods Sunday - This Sunday is White Goods Sunday. Please bring any white paper goods: napkins, paper towels, toilet tissue, facial tissue, paper plates and the sort. There will be wicker baskets on the front pew for you to drop these items off.