1. Preaching Series - This week we will continue our preaching series on The Seven Last Words of Christ. Come and join us as we explore the phrase, "My God, My God, why have you forsaken me?" to better understand the relationship Christ has with us and the depth of God's love.
2. New Picture Directory - We are in the process of putting together a new picture directory for Druid Hills UMC! A picture directory is a wonderful way for us to put names with faces and have contact information so we can keep in contact with each other.
In order for us to efficiently publish a new directory, we need some information from you. For the next several Sundays, we will place information sheets in the Sanctuary for you to fill out so you can be included in the directory. If you would make sure you fill one out and either drop it in the offering plate or drop it by the office by April 17th it would be greatly appreciated.
Our directory will not be complete without you!
3. New Bible Study - Next Thursday we will continue our Lenten Bible Study based on the Franco Zeffirelli film, Jesus of Nazareth. Last week we discussed Christ as love rejected and condemned. Next week we will look at Christ as love to the end. It is never to late to join and all are welcome!
This free study will be offered on Thursdays at 10am and 7pm, through April 21st. I pray you will all join me as we examine the life, ministry, and example of our Risen Savior!
4. Got Grandkids? – The Florida United Methodist Youth Camp is hosting their annual Grandparents and Me Summer Camp this year on June 27-30 and July 18-21, at the Warren Willis Youth camp in Leesburg. The theme this year is "Got Spirit? WE DO!" If you have grandkids and are looking for a fun and exciting way to spend some time together I encourage you to consider this. You can find out more information by stopping by the office to pick up a registration form, visiting them online at www.lecretreats.org, emailing Lori at email@example.com, or calling Lori at 352-787-0313.
5. Salty Service - A few months back I asked everyone to consider joining up together in groups to venture out and visit some of the residents in the many assisted living and rehab facilities around our church. There are many people there that get no visitors, and we are so good with fellowship, I see a need and a spiritual gift that can easily be paired up. I wanted to give everyone an update on how this budding ministry is progressing. We have three members that have reached out and began weekly visits to three different facilities. We also have a group of people that have formed to begin visits with a fifth facility. We have several contacts at area facilities, all we need is volunteers. Many people make light work. If you are willing to spend just a few hours a month visiting with people and sharing the love of Christ please contact the office and we can help you get connected. Please consider reaching out to the people in our area and let them know we care and in the name of Jesus Christ that they are loved.
Bonus: Also do not forget about the Ice Cream social sponsored by FIA this Saturday at 6:30pm!
Have an incredible weekend and see you Saturday!