1. Preaching Series – This week we will continue our preaching series focusing on the idea of forgiveness. Last week we sought to gain a better understanding of forgiveness; specifically, how we ask forgiveness of God and how God grants forgiveness to us. This week, in light of the tenth anniversary of the September 11th attacks on our country, we will focus on forgiveness as it pertains to our relationship with others; friends, neighbors, co-workers and even our enemies.
2. Stephen Ministers – Many of us in this congregation have been given the gifts of compassion and visitation. If you would like to learn more about how to use these gifts within the church, then please accept this invitation. On Thursday, September 22nd from 6:00-7:00pm, Belleview United Methodist Church will be holding a free informational meeting for those interested in training to become Stephen Ministers. Stephen Ministry is designed to help complement and expand pastoral care within the church. Stephen Ministers receive 50 hours of training in how to listen and care for other people and are generally assigned to walk alongside someone in their congregation going through a crisis in their lives such as illness, divorce, or death. If you have questions or would like to RSVP, please contact Pastor Daryl.
3. October Newsletter Deadline – If you have an article or information that you would like included in the October edition of the Sunshine Herald, please have it submitted to the office, no later than next Sunday, September 18th.
4. Upcoming Bible Study - Starting Thursday, October 6th we will begin a new Bible study entitled, “Yes Lord I Have Sinned But I Have Several Excellent Excuses” by the Rev. James Moore. Sin is something that affects all of us and this study will help us learn how to take ownership of our sin, be more readily able to recognize temptations in our lives that will lead to sin, as well as help us understand the hope and grace that is ours through Jesus Christ. The class will last for seven weeks and will be offered at two different times: 10:00am and 7:00pm. The cost is free. If you would like the book, which is not required, it is $12. To register for this class, you can register on the website by clicking here - Bible Study Registration, fill out the insert in next week's bulletin, or contact the church office.
5. Prayers Please – As hurricane season is approaching its peak, please remember past, present and future victims from these powerful storms. These storms can and do wreak havoc that have long-lasting effects. As you all know, many people still deal with the devastating losses caused by these storms long after the media has moved on to the next event. Please lift these people up in your daily prayers that they would feel the peace, presence and comfort of God as they work to regain a sense of normalcy in their lives.
Have a great weekend and I will see you Sunday!