1. Preaching Series – This week we will conclude our preaching series focusing on stewardship. As believers we understand God as the giver of every good and perfect gift. We consistently call on God to help provide for us in our day to day lives. And God answers. Our first week, we looked at stewardship from the perspective that we are managers of what we have, rather than owners. Last week we looked to the whys and hows of giving as a method for reaping God's blessings and sharing those blessings with others. This week we will look at stewardship from the lens of commitment and how we can prepare ourselves to take that leap of faith as we move from an understanding of giving to the practice of giving. Bring a friend and I hope to see you there!
2. Upcoming Bible Study - We have begun our Bible study entitled, “Yes Lord I Have Sinned But I Have Several Excellent Excuses” by the Rev. James Moore. Sin is something that affects all of us and this study will help us learn how to take ownership of our sin, be more readily able to recognize temptations in our lives that will lead to sin, as well as help us understand the hope and grace that is ours through Jesus Christ. The class will run through November 10th and will be offered at two different times: 10:00am and 7:00pm each Thursday. The cost is free. If you would like the book, which is not required, it is $12. To register for this class, you can register on the website by clicking here - Bible Study Registration or contact the church office. It is never too late to join and we would love to see you there!
3. Pumpkin Patch - The pumpkins are here! And the patch is in full swing! If you would like to help there are many ways; unloading pumpkins, reading stories to the children's groups; working a shift selling the pumpkins; and several other ways. We need everyone's help to make this a wonderful experience for all. Please see Roy Baugher or call the church office to sign up to help.
4. Pumpkin Patch Photos - Jennifer Walker is the new photographer for the Pumpkin Patch. Meet Jen at the patch: Sat. Oct 15, 3pm-dark; Sun. Oct. 16, 4pm-dark; Tues Oct. 18, 8am-10am; Fri. Oct. 21, 4pm-dark; Sat. Oct. 22, 4pm-dark; Sun. Oct. 23, 2pm-4pm. No sitting fee! Easy online ordering! If you have any questions, please contact Jen at 572-3171 or by clicking here for her website.
5. Christmas Gift Cards - If you normally buy gift cards for the holidays I want to invite you to consider buying them through the church this year. This is an excellent way for you to buy those cards for your loved ones and allows the church to raise extra funds, all at the same time. For a full listing of all participating vendors you can contact Carole in the church office.
Have a great weekend and I will see you Sunday!