Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Midweek Moment

As we embark on this Thanksgiving week I want to encourage you all to spend some time reflecting on what it is you have to be thankful for. It is important that we keep our blessings in mind so that when we spend time with God we can devote a portion of that time in a thanksgiving posture and list those things God has placed in our lives that are a blessing to us.

I have many things in this life for which to be thankful. I have my wife, Debbie, who holds our family together, loves me unconditionally, and is truly the best partner I could ever have. God placed us together at the tender ages of six and four, and because of that we have a lifetime of shared memories. Debbie you truly are my best friend and I thank God for every day that you and I have together. I am thankful for my boys, Parker and Wesley. The joy I feel just looking at the two of you overwhelms me. Your zest for living, your accomplishments in school, and the way you both keep me young, is awesome to witness. You boys truly are a gift from God and I am the one that is blessed by you. For my parents, Wayne and Joyce, who taught me those tough lessons, who supported me through all my endeavors, who celebrated with me in all my accomplishments. Mom and Dad, you two are the reason I am the person I am today. You taught me morals, you taught me about putting others ahead of myself, you taught me that love is the greatest influence in all the world. You taught me to dream and reach for the stars. You showed me the importance of dedicating my life to God and helped me be open to God's calling on my life. You both gave me an incredible foundation for life and I am forever grateful to you for that. For my brother, Daniel, who has consistently modeled devotion to others, and an attitude of life that anything is possible, I thank you for keeping the dreamer in me alive. I treasure our relationship and thank God that you are a part of my life. And I am thankful for my church family at Druid Hills. For the grace that you have shown me as I have grown, for the unconditional love you have so easily given to my family, and for the conversations I have had with a few of you this week, I am sincerely grateful. The concern you have for me, the support you have shown for me, and encouragement you give to me...my cup runneth over.

I love each of you and could not imagine my life without each of you being a part of it.

I have a tremendous amount of things to be thankful for in my life. I live a blessed life full of family and friends and I thank God each day for everyone of you.

Have a tremendous Thanksgiving and may God bless you all as much as you have blessed me!

No comments:

Post a Comment