1. Preaching Series - This week we will honor our Veterans and use our worship time together to look at the importance of the Ministry of Love. I encourage you to invite a friend and come on out and see what God has in store for you!
2. Advent Bible Study - Beginning November 29th, we will begin our Advent Bible Study entitled, Christmas Gifts that Won't Break. Those are gifts that cannot be lost, that never go out of style, and that are independent of the chances and changes of life. They are the gifts that have been graciously given by God. That is
what gives Advent a permanence that speaks to generations past, present, and
future. I hope you will all make plans to attend. It will be offered twice a day on Thursdays; 10:30am and 7pm. For more information and to sign up you can click here, or fill out the flier in this week's bulletin.
3. Church Wide Thanksgiving Dinner - The Church Wide Thanksgiving Dinner is a week from today, 11/16. We are going to try something new this year and I need everyone's help. I would like to create a slide show to play on the projector, that is full of pictures from the lives of each of you, showing something you are thankful for from this past year. It can be a picture of the new addition to the family, a picture from an incredible trip, a wonderful milestone or party you had, or any other reminder of how you have experienced the feelings of thanksgiving this year. If you would email those to me, or lend it to me to scan, along with a brief caption about the picture, I can put those together to share with everyone in attendance. If you have any questions please call the office at 629-5688 or email me by clicking here.
4. Christmas Gift Cards - If you normally buy gift cards for the holidays I want to invite you to consider buying them through the church this year. This is an excellent way for you to buy those cards for your loved ones and allow the church to raise extra funds, all at the same time. In order to guarantee delivery by the 25th, your order must be in by noon, on 12/10. For a full listing of all participating vendors you can contact Carole in the church office.
5. New Member Class - On Sunday, November 18 at 12:45 PM. I will host a new member class in my office. If you have been attending Druid Hills for at least three months and would like to take that next step in becoming a member of this church, this class is for you! To register for this class, either call the church office at 629-5688 or email me by clicking here.
Have a GREAT weekend and see you Sunday!