1. Preaching Series - This week we continue our Advent series entitled, March to the Manger. Each week we will take a different character from our nativity scene and look to the Christmas story through their eyes. This week we will focus on the baby Jesus as we discover how God was revealed to us in this wonderful gift for humanity. Invite a friend and I hope to see you there.
2. Christmas Eve Service - Monday, December 24th, we will gather at 6 P.M. in our Sanctuary for our Candlelight Christmas Eve Service. This will be a time for fellowship, for prayer, for singing, and to hear the Word of God proclaimed. We will conclude our preaching series, March to the Manger, as we look to hope that is ours because of the birth of the Christ Child. We will conclude our worship time by processing out of the Sanctuary, by candlelight, singing Silent Night. This service a a wonderfully moving time for all of us to come together and be moved by the Holy Spirit. I look forward to seeing you and all you invite on this special night.
3. Blue Christmas - This time of year is intended to be full of hope and joy. It is intended to be a time to celebrate and experience the love of Christ and family. However; for those that have lost someone to death, it can be a time of great sorrow and grief. On Sunday, December 23rd, at 12:15pm, we are going to gather for a Blue Christmas service in our Sanctuary. This service is one of remembrance and hope where we will acknowledge our grief, but also the hope that comes from God’s constant presence. I pray you will join us for this time of worship and that you will benefit from the bond it will provide.
4. Guest Speaker - On December 30th we will be blessed and honored by having Robert Bledsoe return to us to lead us in worship. He is home for the Christmas break and will join us to lead worship in my absence. So come on out and hear how God has been working in Robert's life since his time with us this past summer. Invite a friend and come on out as you begin to ring in the new year.
5. Spaghetti Dinner Fundraiser - The Masons from the Morning Star Lodge along with their spouses and other faithful worshipers have said they would serve another spaghetti supper fundraiser for our Church. Last time, they raised over $1,000. This year, the money raised will go into the newly established fund to purchase a new organ for the sanctuary. It will be “all you can eat” spaghetti with meatballs, salad, rolls, dessert and beverage. The date is Friday, January 18, 2013 from 4:30 to 7 pm. The cost is $7 for adults, $4 for children (ages 6-12) and free for children under 6. Tickets will be available the first week of January for sale to your family and friends. This is sure to be a great time of fun, fellowship, and food. I hope to see you all there!
Have a great weekend!