Saturday, June 1, 2013

Bible Challenge 06/02 - 06/08

Greetings All!

This week we finish up the book of I Chronicles and begin our journey through II Chronicles. The rest of I Chronicles contains a history of the reign of King David. The book of II Chronicles details the reign of David's son King Solomon in chapters 1-9, before beginning to chronicle in chapters 10 and following, the history of the kings of Judah down to the time of the exile.

For many people, history can be a bit boring at times. For me it's always been fascinating. Especially the history of the Bible. These are our spiritual ancestors and their story is a part of ours. While we may not be the ACTUAL kings or queens of Israel and Judah, the Bible tells us that we share in Christ's inheritance as sons and daughters of the King. And from their example we can see the importance of making choices and how our choices affect those around us.

Here is the schedule:

02, Sunday: I Chronicles 11- 14

03, Monday: I Chronicles 15-18

04, Tuesday: I chronicles 19-22

05, Wednesday: I Chronicles 23-26

06, Thursday: I Chronicles 27 - II Chronicles 1

07, Friday: II Chronicles 2-5

08, Saturday: II Chronicles 6-9

May God add His richest blessings to the reading, the hearing, the understanding and most importantly the living out of His holy word. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment