1. Preaching Series - This Sunday we will begin a new preaching series focusing on the life of the Apostle Paul. It’s very difficult to think of the New Testament without thinking about Paul, because so much of his influence and thought is found in the letters and epistles of the New Testament writings. His transformation from a man named Saul, who persecuted Christians, to a man named Paul, who became the great theologian of the early church, is perhaps one of the best-known stories in all of Scripture. Apart from Jesus, no single person influenced the history of the Christian community more than Paul did. This week we will look to how Paul’s teachings have formed the foundation upon which many of the disciplines of our faith are anchored and have proved to us that it is never too late to change. I encourage you to invite a friend and come and see how God has been working in our congregation!
2. Food 4 Kids - We are once again participating in the Food 4 Kids backpack program by sponsoring Shady Hill Elementary. Food 4 Kids was created in 2004 when it came to the attention of school teachers that many children were not being fed over the weekend. The "backpack program" as it's termed, was created to provide food for each child that qualifies at the school level for assistance. By volunteering to help fill these backpacks, you help ensure that children in Marion County do not go hungry over the weekend. Beginning in mid-September, we will meet at InterFaith on Wednesday mornings at 9:00 A.M. and fill the backpacks. With four people, this averages about 20 minutes to complete. I hope you will considering volunteering this year, with whatever time you can spare. If you are interested in helping please contact Debby Baugher.
3. Support for InterFaith - September 25th, from 11am - 9pm, Blue Highway Pizzeria will host a charity day for InterFaith. Blue Highway Pizzeria, located at 2130 E Silver Springs Blvd is a great new restaurant that has opened up recently here in Ocala. I have been several times and have never left disappointed, but always full! On the 25th, Blue Highway will donate 10% of the proceeds to InterFaith's Food 4 Kids program. I encourage you to grab your family and friends and go enjoy some great food, while helping a great cause. I hope to see you there!
4. Nursery Help - We are looking for people to help us staff our nursery on Sunday mornings. The numberof young people we have in the nursery is growing and needless to say, that is a good thing! If you are interested in helping Ms. Joy care for and teach our kids during worship, please let the church office know. You can email by clicking here, or call 629-5688. Thus far, we have had two people sign up and we are looking for at least eight. Remember the old adage, many hands make light work. I hope you will consider volunteering to help support this ministry.
5. October Newsletter - If you have an article that you would like included in the October Newsletter, please submit it to the office by next Sunday, September 22nd.
Advent Conspiracy Update - I have been incredibly moved at how this congregation has responded to support this challenge. Each week I will post an update of how much has been raised towards our goal. If you would like more information about this challenge and the charities that will be supported with the proceeds, please visit our website by clicking here.
Have a great week and I will see you Sunday!