1. Preaching Series - This Sunday we will continue our series Giving It Up. There is a disciples that has developed around the season of Lent and giving things up. That for forty days we should deny ourselves of something - a luxury or an indulgence - in order to somehow draw closer to Jesus in his self-denial and suffering on our behalf. This series will help us look at a few things that we might give up permanently, specifically those actions and attitudes that are causing us issues in our relationship with God and with others. I hope you will make plans to come and join us for this time of worship, fellowship, and transformation. For the sermon schedule, please click here and I hope to see you all there!
2. S.O.S. Talent Show and Dessert Bar - This Saturday, March 15th at 7 P.M. in the Fellowship Hall, our S.O.S. group will host an evening of great fun and delicious food. I hope you will mark your calendars to come and support our church as we gather together for a great evening of fellowship. Let's have a great turnout and I hope to see you there!
3. Meet Adam Hamilton - On Thursday, April 24th Adam Hamilton will be in Orlando for an evening of teaching and conversation around his new book, Making Sense of the Bible. I have six tickets to give away to anyone that is interested. It will take place at First United Methodist in Orlando and will begin at 7 P.M. We will join people from Belleview and ride their bus over and back. If you are interested in going please let me know. These tickets are free and they are first come, first serve.
4. Ocala Health & Rehab - This Sunday is our week to go and minister to the residents of Ocala Health and Rehab. I want to extend an invitation to all of you to come and join us, Sunday at 2pm. Ocala Health and Rehab is located just down the street from the church on the corner of Lake Weir Road and SE 24th Road. We begin with a few hymns, I give a brief devotion, and we wrap it up with a few more hymns and a prayer. We have also started going down the memory care unit afterwards and singing a few hymns to those folks as well. It is a wonderful time of fellowship and spreading the love of Christ. I am sure you will enjoy it and be glad you participated! I hope to see you there!
5. Easter Tableau - Our Annual Easter Tableau, our gift to this community, is right around the corner. On Thursday, April 17th and Friday, April 18th, we will give the people of Ocala the opportunity to witness and relive for themselves the last week of Christ's life here on Earth. In order to make this a reality, we need your help. There are sign-up sheets on the Connection Station for you to volunteer in a myriad of ways. You can volunteer for things such as portraying a character in one of the scenes, to scene set-up, costumes, make-up, sound, or lighting. We still have many places for willing hands and we need yours! Please be in prayer for a successful 2014 Easter Tableau. If you have any questions, please contact Linda Hughes or Terri Silvola-Finch. Thank You!
Have a great week and I will see you Sunday,