1. Preaching Series - This Sunday we will continue our series Giving It Up. There is a discipline that has developed around the season of Lent and giving things up. That for forty days we should deny ourselves of something - a luxury or an indulgence - in order to somehow draw closer to Jesus in his self-denial and suffering on our behalf. This series will help us look at a few things that we might give up permanently, specifically those actions and attitudes that are causing us issues in our relationship with God and with others. I hope you will make plans to come and join us for this time of worship, fellowship, and transformation. For the sermon schedule, please click here and I hope to see you all there!
2. Easter Tableau - Our Annual Easter Tableau, our gift to this community,
is right around the corner. On Thursday, April 17th and Friday, April
18th, we will give the people of Ocala the opportunity to witness and
relive for themselves the last week of Christ's life here on Earth. In
order to make this a reality, we need your help. There are sign-up
sheets on the Connection Station for you to volunteer in a myriad of
ways. You can volunteer for things such as portraying a character in one
of the scenes, to scene set-up, costumes, make-up, sound, or lighting.
We still have many places for willing hands and we need yours! Please also be
in prayer for a successful 2014 Easter Tableau. If you have any
questions, please contact Linda Hughes or Terri Silvola-Finch. Thank
3. Meet Adam Hamilton - On Thursday, April 24th Adam Hamilton will be in Orlando for an evening of teaching and conversation around his new book, Making Sense of the Bible. I have four tickets to give away to anyone that is interested. It will take place at First United Methodist in Orlando and will begin at 7 P.M. We will join people from Belleview and ride their bus over and back. If you are interested in going please email me to let me know by clicking here. These tickets are free and they are first come, first serve.
4. New Member Class - On April 6th at 12:45 PM, Pastor Daryl will host a new member class in his office. If you have been attending Druid Hills for several months and would like to take that next step and become a member of this church, please call 629-5688 or email the church office by clicking here to sign up. We will discuss what it means to be a United Methodist, what it means to be a member of Druid Hills, and get a little background on history of this church. If this interests you, we hope you will make plans to attend.
5. New Ministry - We are entering a new season at Druid Hills. We have many new faces, many new children, youth and young adults and, we need a way to get to know each other as we grow together in our faith.
Therefore, beginning Thursday, May 1st, we will start a new weekly program to help us in that endeavor. We are calling it F.A.D. night, or Faith and Discipleship night, and it is designed to unite multi-generations in fun and fellowship while giving us the opportunity to grow in our faith.
We will gather each Thursday from 5:30-7:30 pm, share a meal together and then have various opportunities, for all ages, to engage in discipleship growth. There will be a slight charge for the meal. Those funds will be used to supply the meal and materials for this time of fellowship and discipleship. There will be choir for the children, youth group for the older youth and Bible Study for the adults. We will also mix in special opportunities throughout the year for us to do things as one large group, such as hear from speakers and other minis-tries, and also times to celebrate special milestones.
One of the best ways for us to be all that God created us to be is to know each other as well as we can. A life lived together is a life lived for God. I hope you will make plans to be part of this new opportunity and come grow with us!
Have a great week and I will see you Sunday,