1. Sermon Series - This Sunday we will begin a new series aimed at helping us expand our generosity from obligatory to extravagant. We will walk through this concept together for the next four weeks. This week we will look to what Paul says on the subject as we move from stewardship to generosity. Invite a friend and I hope to see you there!
2. New Study Series - Beginning Thursday, May 1st, we will begin a new study by Rev. Mike Slaughter, Dare to Dream. Have you ever wondered what your purpose is in this life? Have you ever struggled to discern what it is that God wants you to accomplish for the Kingdom?
Come and join us as we seek to answer these questions and more. Rev. Mike Slaughter has developed Dare to Dream to help people realize God’s dream for their lives, develop a mission statement based upon that dream, and then fully commit to the God-directed life mission they create. This class will be offered at 10am and again in the evening as part of our new FAD night, in the Fellowship Hall, each Thursday from May 1st - June 5th. As a side note, the morning classes will not begin till May 8th. For more information and to sign up, please pick up a registration form in the narthex or click here.
3. New Ministry - We are entering a new season at Druid Hills. We have many new faces, many new children, youth and young adults and, we need a way to get to know each other as we grow together in our faith.
Therefore, beginning Thursday, May 1st, we will start a new weekly program to help us in that endeavor. We are calling it F.A.D. night, or Faith and Discipleship night, and it is designed to unite multi-generations in fun and fellowship while giving us the opportunity to grow in our faith.
We will gather each Thursday from 5:30-7:30 pm, share a meal together and then have various opportunities, for all ages, to engage in discipleship growth. There will be a slight charge for the meal; $3 for children under 12, $5 for adults & $15 for families of four or more. Those funds will be used to supply the meal and materials for this time of fellowship and discipleship. There will be choir for the children, youth group for the older youth and Bible Study for the adults. We will also mix in special opportunities throughout the year for us to do things as one large group, such as hear from speakers and other ministries, and also times to celebrate special milestones. One of the best ways for us to be all that God created us to be is to know each other as well as we can. A life lived together is a life lived for God. I hope you will make plans to be part of this new opportunity and come grow with us!
4. Mission Opportunity - On Mother’s Day, May 11th, S.O.S. (Sisters of Soul) will be sponsoring a “Kitchen Shower” to benefit Kids Central, Inc. Kids Central develops & manages a comprehensive, community based system of care for abused, neglected & abandoned children & their families. Kids Central is committed to promoting the welfare of expectant mothers, babies, children & young adults through prevention services, in home care, foster care & adoption. When children “age out” of the foster care system, Kids Central assists them with setting them up in a place to live. We can help! Let’s bring kitchen supplies to Fellowship Hall following the Church Service on Mother’s Day. The members of S.O.S. will be sure to get them delivered to those in need. This may be cleaning supplies like mops & buckets & cleansers or other new kitchen items such as dishes, towels, hotpads, pots & pans, glassware, etc.
5. CD Players - As many of you know we record the sermons each week during worship. I then take them, convert them, and place them on my blog. However, many of our home bound friends do not use the computer. Therefore, I am asking each of you to keep an eye out for used CD players you may have at home, or that people you may know have at their home. If they are not being used would you please consider donating them so I can take them to our friends, along with CD copies of the sermons so they may hear them. I feel this will go a long way in helping renew their connection with us and their church. Thank you in advance!
Have a great week and I will see you Sunday,