Saturday, May 30, 2015

Bible Challenge 05/31 - 06/06

Greetings All!

This week we will finish reading I Chronicles and read the first chapter of II Chronicles.The first segment of I Chronicles was a lot of genealogical lists, concluding with the house of Saul and Saul's rejection by God. This sets the stage for the rise of David. The second segment then contains a history of the reign of King David.

You might ask, "Why so many books telling the same stories?" Well in the Jewish canon of Scripture, Chronicles appears last making it then a summary of everything that has gone before and most likely the reason why the genealogy goes all the way back to Adam. But one of the calls of the Old Testament is to remember. God asks the people to remember constantly in their rituals, offerings, and festivals the great work that he has done on their behalf. Certainly we can see what happens in the books of history when Israel (and Judah) do not keep this knowledge of God close at hand and forget! As they stray away from God, they wander into dangerous ground spiritually, as individuals as well as a nation. We would do well to remind ourselves continuously - to remember what God has done and what happens when we try to do things in our lives on our own without Him!

Here is the schedule:

31 (Su) - I Chronicles 3-6

1 (M) -I Chronicles 7-10

2 (Tu)- I Chronicles 11-14

3 (W)- I Chronicles 15-18

4 (Th) - I Chronicles 19-22

5 (F) - I Chronicles 23-26

6 (Sa) - I Chronicles 27-29; II Chronicles 1

May God add His richest blessings to the reading, the hearing, the understanding and most importantly the living out of His holy word. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment