Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Midweek Moment

It has now been several weeks since the announcement that Pastor Brian will be joining Druid Hills as pastor beginning this July. He was kind of enough to send to us a brief biography and I want to use this space to share it with you. I pray through your reading you will find connections with Pastor Brian and that this information can help guide you in your prayers for him, Faith, Abbey, and Bryce.

Therefore, it is with great honor that I introduce you to Pastor Brian Sanderson:

I have enthusiastically served the United Methodist Church for fourteen years. My first twelve years of ministry was spent serving the youth of First United Methodist, Madison FL. It was during this time that I fully surrendered to a calling that had been persistently wooing me, that of Pastor. I began my studies at Asbury Theological Seminary, Orlando in the fall of 2008 and graduated with my Masters of Divinity in 2013. I have served Lee UMC since and I absolutely consider it an honor and a privilege to be Pastor to God’s people.

I have traveled the globe on mission and for education. I believe that the Church is the hope of the world. Disciples of Christ are all gifted and empowered by the Holy Spirit to live by faith, be known by Love, and offer voices of Hope. This is the proper response of those whose lives have been redeemed and are being renewed by God’s grace offered to us in Jesus Christ.

My wife and I have been married for fourteen blessed years and have a daughter, Abbey, and I have a son Bryce. Faith was born and raised in Thousand Oaks California until moving to Madison, FL. at age twelve. I couldn’t survive in ministry without Faith (both faith in God and my wife Faith of course ;-). Faith is the strong-silent, hard- working type. You will not find her speaking and preaching in front of crowds but you will find her faithfully serving and working hard to support her husband, family, and the Church. I love being a father and a husband, and I couldn’t make it without the loving support of my family.

I consider it a great joy and honor to live and serve in the Florida Annual Conference of The United Methodist Church.

Have a great week and I will see you Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment