1. Salty service cards – Our Conference leaders describe Salty Service like this: "Salty Service makes a difference in people’s lives – both those being served and those serving. Salty Service makes us “doers and not hears only” (James 1.27). Salty Service connects the lives of disciples with the ongoing work of Christ in the world. Salty Service restores credibility to those who would share a Gospel of love to a doubting world." If you work one hour outside the walls of our church then please get a Salty Service card from the pew holders and drop it in the offering plate on Sunday Morning. You do not have to fill anything out. Just get a card and turn it in. As easy as that!
2. Pumpkin Patch – We are in need of volunteers. If you are interested in working the patch, reading stories, or any other area please sign up at the Connection Station on Sunday. Our first load arrives Tuesday, 10/13 at 4pm and any and all are welcome to help unload. Also the arrival day for our second load has changed. It will now arrive on Saturday October 17th at 9am. If you can please make plans to come and help unload it would be greatly appreciated.
3. Holly Berry Fair – St. Marks UMC on 8th Road is having their Holly Berry Fair on November 7th from 9am-2pm and they will feature handmade crafts, hourly door prized, baked goods, candy and more. If you are looking for a fun activity this would be a great way to support our sister congregation.
4. Meetings – There are several meetings this week so if you are on any of the committees that are meeting please make plans to attend. Worship, Tuesday at 10am in the Pastor's Office; Finance, Wednesday at 10am in Fellowship Hall; Trustees Wednesday at 11am in Fellowship Hall.
5. Bible Study with Marge – Marge Grieves is starting a Bible Study on the Gospel of John that will meet on Wednesdays at 11am. If you are interested please make plans to attend this time of fellowship and enrichment.