Here are a few things that caught my interest this week.
1. The interest in our Facebook group has grown a bit. We now have 10 members! This is a wonderful way we can stay in contact and let others see what we are all about. Do not forget to check it out sometime, join as a member, and tell others about it. I will post some pictures soon from the Pumpkin Patch.
2. I received a flyer this week advertising a Healthy Lifestyle for Senior Adults "Health Fair". It will be November 10th, 10am - 2pm, at Oakcrest Baptist Church. For more info you can call 352-629-7058.
3. This week in worship we will be taking a break from the preaching series "Big Rocks" to recognize All Saints Day and remember those that have died within the past year. This is also a time for us to be mindful of those that have influenced us for the Kingdom and our response to that gift. I hope you all will be there!
4. On Sunday November 29th, we are going to be participating in a worship service called the Hanging of the Greens. It will be an opportunity for us to learn about what all of our Christmas decorations mean and their significance in Scripture as we decorate the sanctuary together! However for this to be truly meaningful we need volunteers to participate. If you are willing to help, please contact the church office. We need quite a few people to make this an experience that I hope you won't soon forget!
5. Charge Conference is coming up on November 15th at 4pm at First UMC Ocala. I would like all of you to think about coming this year. This is an opportunity for us to look back and share what God has been doing in our congregation and to look forward expectantly, at what God will do in the future. It is not the completely boring exercise that it might have been in the past. We will actually have a worship service in the midst of the business. Please pray about it and I hope you will make plans to come.
Have a blessed week!