Greetings my Friends!
This week is a busy one so with no further delay...
1. This week we are concluding our preaching series on the Big Rocks as we talk about what it means to be a covenant people. Then we are embarking a worship experience the following week as we celebrate Christ the King and focus on the different seasons of the Christian year through Scripture and song. It will be a service you won't want to miss!
2. This Sunday at 4pm over at First Ocala UMC, we will be holding our annual Charge Conference, along with ten other churches. Everyone is invited and I do hope you will make plans to come. In fact if we do not have enough people show up will not be able to vote and complete our charge conference. We will begin with a worship service, celebrate Holy Communion, and then have the business discussions. If you are free, please let me know either here as a comment or at worship tomorrow. I would love to see a healthy number of us there to represent our wonderful church.
3. November 29th, we will celebrate the Hanging of the Greens in worship. We are still in need of volunteers to help us decorate during worship as together we will transform our sanctuary into a beautiful Christmas display. During worship we will explain and talk about each of the decorations, their importance, and Scriptural significance. Please bring your family and friends as we kick off the Advent season.
4. Friday, November, 20th will be our annual Thanksgiving Dinner. It will be at 6pm in the Fellowship Hall. Come join us for a time of fellowship and what else...thanksgiving! Hope to see you there!
5. Sunday at 2pm will be our monthly trip to Ocala Health and Rehab. If you would like to help as we sing with and minister to the residents you are more than welcome and we would love to have you. Just show up at 2 pm just down the road from the church and we will have a good time together.