Here are a few things that I wanted to bring to your attention this week:
1. Preaching Series - We are continuing our preaching series this Sunday, Heroes of the Faith. We are looking at the examples of faith lived out by some of our Biblical Heroes and what we can learn from them. This week we will focus on Moses.
2. Vacation Bible School - I would like to see us host a week of Vacation Bible School this year, here at Druid Hills. If you are interested in helping out in any way, teaching a class, serving snack, organizing the programs, please contact either the church office or myself so we can get this organized and going. So far two people have come forward. We need more, so if you are interested please let us know.
3. Open Invitation - I would like to call you attention to an invitation issued by John Clayton. It reads as follows:
To those who love God & Druid Hills UMC & believe in the power of prayer. Come & meet with me at 9:45am on Sunday mornings for group prayer. We will be lifting up our Pastor Daryl & the body of Christ as known here at Druid Hills. We will meet in the Educational Building in the room designated, "Together Class", at the end of the hall. May God look with favor on our efforts to seek His guidance & wisdom.
4. We Need Your Participation - We have two events coming up in worship and need your participation.
- The first event is Pentecost. On May 23rd we are celebrating the point in which the Holy Spirit came upon the believers and we are asking everyone to wear red or white that Sunday to worship.
- The second event is May 30th where we will observe Memorial Day. We are asking all people to bring red, white, and/or blue flowers to worship so we can decorate the cross outside the sanctuary.
5. Canned Food Sunday - This Sunday is Canned Food Sunday so please bring your canned food to help fill our 2 x 4 boxes. There will be wicker baskets on the front pew for you to drop these items off.