1. Preaching Series - This week we will continue our preaching series on the Lord's Prayer, as we look at the phrase, "Thy Kingdom come, thy will be done, on Earth as it is in Heaven." I hope to see everyone there!
2. Vacation Bible School - I would like to see us host a week of Vacation Bible School this year here at Druid Hills. If you are interested in helping out in any way, teaching a class, serving snack, organizing the programs, please let me know or contact the church office so we can get this organized and going. So far I have three volunteers.
3. Online Newsletters – We are offering everyone in the congregation the chance to receive their monthly newsletter electronically via this blog. I posted an article yesterday outlining the advantages for you individually and for the church. Please consider this. If you would like to take advantage of this, please sign up at the Connection Station or contact the church office.
4. Liturgist - I would to see us re-start the liturgist program here at Druid Hills. For those who may not know what a liturgist does, this person would be responsible for reading the two Scripture lessons, leading the responses afterward and also the Call to Worship on Sunday mornings. This a wonderful way to be involved in helping to lead your church family into an experience with God. If you would like to participate please sign up at the Connection Station. If you have any questions please let me know. I look forward to hearing from many of you!
5. Christmas Child Sunday – This Sunday is Christmas Child Sunday. Items that are being requested for this ministry are toothbrushes, toothpaste, mild bar soap, comb, washcloth, or any other hygienic products a child could use. There will be wicker baskets on the front pew for you to place your donations in. You all have done a tremendous job at supporting this endeavor and I greatly appreciate it!