2. Bible Study - What is Heaven really like? Is our main duty as Christians simply to help non-Christians get there? What hope does the gospel hold for this present life? In what ways does God intend for us to experience that hope? Get the answers to these questions and many more as we explore the full of scope of what God's Word has to say on these issues through the inspirational teachings of premier biblical scholar N. T. Wright.
We will continue next week as we turn to Session 04, The Hope of Jesus' Second Coming. It is never to late to join and all are invited and encouraged to attend. So grab a friend and I hope to see you all there!
3. Pumpkin Patch Volunteers - The Patch is in full steam and doing well. We are still in need of volunteers to come out and staff the Patch. Most of what you would do is price the pumpkins people bring up to you and collect the money. It is not difficult at all and is a great amount of fun. If you have a few hours to spare we could always use you. So please consider coming on out and spending some time in the patch. For more information, please call the church office at 629-5688.
4. Church Wide Thanksgiving Dinner - We are going to try something new this year at our Thanksgiving Dinner and I need everyone's help. I would like to create a slide show to play on the projector, that is full of pictures from the lives of each you, showing something you are thankful for from this past year. It can be a picture of the new addition to the family, a picture from an incredible trip, a wonderful milestone or party you had, or any other reminder of how you have experienced the feelings of thanksgiving this year. If you would email those to me, or lend it to me to scan, along with a brief caption about the picture, I can put those together to share with everyone in attendance. If you have any questions please call the office at 629-5688 or email me by clicking here.
5. Upcoming Dates - There are several events coming up that I wanted to share with you.
- Next, Saturday, 10/13, our Kitchen Committee will host a Kitchen Clean-up day from 10 A.M. to Noon. They would appreciate any and all help.
- Thanksgiving Dinner - On Friday, November 16th at 6pm, we will host our Annual Thanksgiving Dinner. Sign-up sheets will be the Connection Station beginning October 21. Menu sign up sheets will be available on October 28th.
Have a great week and I will see you Sunday!