2. January Leadership Training in Ocala - There will be a district wide training for church leaders tomorrow, Saturday, January 5th at First UMC in Ocala. The training is free and runs from 8:30am-12:30pm. No advance registration is required. There are several sessions including:
- Call of the Laity
- Finance 101
- Finance 201
- Health Resources and Benefits Update
- Leading for Effective Ministry/Role of Church Council
- Staff Parish Relations
- Local Church Representative to Annual Conference Training
- Growing Mature Disciples
- Who are your church neighbors and 6 ways to reach them!
- Reclaiming an intergenerational church
- How can we make a difference in the lives of the incarcerated re-entering our communities?
- College Students and Young Adults
- Charting Your Church's Course
- Your Church Disaster Plan
- Responding to Poverty and Childhood Hunger
- Children's Ministry
3.Spaghetti Dinner Fundraiser - The Masons from the Morning Star Lodge along with their spouses and other faithful worshipers have said they would serve another spaghetti supper fundraiser for our Church. Last time, they raised over $1,000. This year, the money raised will go into the newly established fund to purchase a new organ for the sanctuary. It will be “all you can eat” spaghetti with meatballs, salad, rolls, dessert and beverage. The date is Friday, January 18, 2013 from 4:30 to 7 pm. The cost is $7 for adults, $4 for children (ages 6-12) and free for children under 6. Tickets will be available the first week of January for sale to your family and friends. This is sure to be a great time of fun, fellowship, and food. I hope to see you all there!
4. Interfaith Ministry - Each year we partner with Interfaith Ministries to provide a meal for the residents of their living facility. We get the chance to break bread with these people and share a wonderful time together. With that in mind, we need volunteers. The 2013 sign-up sheet is posted on the Connection Station. We are scheduled to provide the evening meal the second Friday of each month. It is a great idea to consider asking a friend or two to help you provide the meal. If you have any questions, please contact Libby Orbison. This is a wonderful opportunity to be the heart, hands, and feet of Jesus Christ to another. I pray you will have the chance to be involved with this ministry this year.
5. My Prayer for Each of You - As we transition out of Advent and into a new year, it is my prayer that each of you experience God anew in 2013. I pray that your relationship with God grows stronger, that you feel the movement of the Holy Spirit more deeply, and your burdens are light this year. May 2013 be a transformative year for you in ways you never imagined. May God bless each of you till your cup overflows! Happy New Year!
See you Sunday!