1. Preaching Series - This Sunday we are beginning a new preaching series entitled, Ashes to Fire, which we will be doing in conjunction with Belleview UMC. Ashes to Fire is an intentional journey with Jesus from Ash Wednesday through Holy Week and Easter and on to Pentecost Sunday - from penitence to praise to power. I pray this time of reflection will be one that will draw you deeper into your faith journey as we look to the life of Christ and example of love that he modeled for us. This Sunday we will look at a Wilderness Survival Guide, based upon Luke 4:1-13 and Romans 10:8-13. I encourage you to invite a friend and I hope to see you there!
2. Easter Tableau - It’s time to start thinking about the Easter Tableau, which will be on Thursday, March 28 and Friday, March 29. There will be sign-up sheets on the Connection Station beginning about the middle of February. Your help will be needed in the scenes and also making refreshments to help defray the kitchen costs. Each scene needs to have a coordinator, so if you would like to volunteer to be a coordinator for one of the scenes, please let us know. If you would like to assist in any of the various areas; such as scene set-up, costumes, make-up, sound, lighting, etc., please let us know. Please be in prayer for a successful 2013 Easter Tableau. If you have any questions, please contact Eunice Reid. Thank You!
3. Interfaith Ministry - Each year we partner with Interfaith Ministries to provide a meal for the residents of their living facility. We get the chance to break bread with these people and share a wonderful time together. With that in mind, we need volunteers. The 2013 sign-up sheet is posted on the Connection Station. We are scheduled to provide the evening meal the second Friday of each month. It is a great idea to consider asking a friend or two to help you provide the meal. We need volunteers for April through December. If you have any questions, please contact Libby Orbison. This is a wonderful opportunity to be the heart, hands, and feet of Jesus Christ to another. I pray you will have the chance to be involved with this ministry this year.
4. Bread Ministry - We here at Druid Hills have a wonderful welcome ministry. From the bags prepared and given out by Bob Greene, to the way each of you extend the hand of hospitality to all who enter, corporately we have this gift. Marianne Bingham has offered us an idea to enhance this gift of ours, bread. We are beginning a bread ministry, where each Sunday one volunteer will sign up to bake several small loaves of bread for us to give to any that visit our church. I would ask that you each consider signing up for a few weeks. There is a sign up sheet at the Connection Station and there are recipes we can provide you that are quick and easy. This is such an easy thing that will go such a long way. I hope you each will give God the opportunity to use you in this way to bless another.
5. Passover Seder - There is wonderful opportunity I want to tell you about! We have invited the group, Jews for Jesus, to come to Druid Hills to deliver their presentation, Christ in the Passover. During this wonderfully moving experience, missionary Ron McDevitt, will explain to us the Jewish background of Holy Communion and how all of this points to Jesus Christ as the Messiah. We will listen as Missionary McDevitt describes the ancient and modern Jewish customs with an emphasis on the redemption accomplished by Christ through His death and resurrection. This will take place on Wednesday, March 13th, at 7pm. The presentation will last about 45 minutes and will take place in the Sanctuary. We will also collect a love offering at the conclusion of the presentation. This is an exciting opportunity that I think you all will want to see! Invite a friend and I hope to see you all there!
Have a great weekend and I will see you Sunday!