Saturday, May 4, 2013

Bible Challenge 05/05 - 05/11

Greetings All!

This week we will spend all of our time in one of the books of history, I Samuel. It details the history of the Israelites as it details the life of one of their famous leaders, Samuel, who was the last of the judges and the first of the prophets. The first seven chapters deal mainly with his birth, calling and ministry, before turning attention to Israel's request for a king, fulfilled in the person of Saul.

By chapter 15 though, King Saul has been rejected by God because of his behavior. Young David is chosen by God and anointed by Samuel as king in chapter 16, then fights the famous Philistine giant in chapter 17. King Saul grows more and more suspicious and paranoid about David in chapters 18 and 19. Then we read about the friendship between David and Jonathan in chapter 20. The remainder of our reading this week details the ongoing hostilities between Saul and David.

05, Sunday: - I Samuel 1-4

06, Monday: I Samuel 5-8

07, Tuesday: I Samuel 9-12

08, Wednesday: I Samuel 13-16

09, Thursday: I Samuel 17-20

10, Friday: I Samuel 21-24

11, Saturday: I Samuel 25-28

May God add His richest blessings to the reading, the hearing, the understanding and most importantly the living out of His holy word. Amen.

Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment