1. Preaching Series - This Sunday we will begin a new preaching series entitled, Advent Conspiracy. For the next three weeks we will look to our behaviors during the Christmas season, specifically how we spend our time and resources during this time of year.
Our desire is that by talking about this now, we can have time to discern how this might alter our Advent season this year. I pray this time of exploration will help you to see and experience all the ways God's gifts are being poured out for you. I encourage you to invite a friend and I hope to see you there!
2. Sound Booth- We are in need of a few volunteers to help out in the sound booth on Sunday mornings. Ifyou are interested in volunteering to help us run this vital part of worship, please let us know by calling the church office, 629-5688, emailing the office by clicking here, or signing up at the Connection Station. You do not need to have any prior knowledge of sound equipment, we will train you. It is not very difficult at all, we just need someone willing to lend their talents. Thanks!
3. Sources of Information - If you are looking for good information about our church, its activities, and/or our denomination, you can always go to our church website. On our website we have the weekly bulletin, monthly newsletter, pages about our ministries and outreach groups, and we have just added two new pages about Relay for Life and our Connectional Life. If have never been to the website, just click here. If it has been awhile, come back and see what's new. This is a great tool to keep us all connected, so click on over and discover something new!
4. Good Eatin' - Did you know that our church has two wonderful groups that gather to eat and just have a good time? For the fellas we have the ROMEOs and the for the ladies we have the MODELs. The ROMEOs (Retired Old Men Eating Out) get together every Tuesday morning at 8:15am to have breakfast and the MODELs (Mostly Older Debutantes Eating Lunch) gather the third Thursday of each month at 12:30pm to have lunch. The goal of each group is simply to have a good time over great food. Everyone is invited to join and you can find more information about both in this week's bulletin, which you can see Sunday at worship or on our church website by clicking here. Hope you can make it!
5. Thank you! - I want to take just a moment to thank everyone for you kind reception as my family and I returned home. Your kind words, genuine interest about our trip, and caring acceptance of Davis into our community have been a wonderful gift to my family. Thank you for your prayers during our journey, your support through this process, and your love as we bond together. Thanks again!
Have a great weekend and I will see you Sunday!