Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Midweek Moment

It is good to be back, but I am so glad I went. This trip to finalize the adoption and to pick up my son was an incredible time!

This past Sunday I shared some of what I saw, the emotions that created, and the joy my family experienced in meeting Davis. But there was one event from that trip that I think bears repeating and I want to share it with you again.

It was 3:45 A.M. on Gotcha day and I sit straight up in bed (Gotcha Day is the term used for the day you meet your new child). I tried to go back to sleep but could not. I played games on my phone, read for a bit, but nothing worked. Then I thought, maybe God wants to talk to me. So I got on my knees at the side of the bed and I listened. Nothing. So I began praying, praying for that day and a few realistic ideas. You see that is usually the mode of my prayer life. I tend to stay in the realm of realism, nothing to bold, but things that should be possible. I prayed that there would not be too much crying, that we would be able to console him sooner rather than later. Then I stopped, I do not why, but I stopped. I changed course and I began to pray boldly for perfection. I told God I have been faithful through this process, I have answered your call to adopt, and you have done mighty things through this process to make this all work. You have called, we have answered, and thus far you have shown up in mountain-moving ways. I am not going to undersell you in this moment.

So I prayed for perfection and I told God that I knew that through him it can be realized. I began to pray for no crying, that Davis would take to us easily and that there would be immense amounts of joy that day. I asked that this transition would be the best adoption transition this world has ever known and with God directing it, it would happen. And it did. He took to us with ease, he played with the boys, he let my parents hold him, we spent a half hour rolling on the floor of the adoption room, laughing that deep soulful type of laugh. It was perfect. There was no crying, there was just acceptance, joy, and laughter.

God is a life changer. God is all about answering those bold type of prayers. I tell you this story to tell you we serve an awesome God. So as you talk with God, be bold and give God the chance to be awesome for you.

Have a great week and I will see you Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment