1. Sermon Series - This Sunday is Pentecost, the day we commemorate the Holy Spirit coming and descending upon the early believers. We will spend our time this week looking at how several people reacted to the presence of the Advocate and what impact that had on their lives. I pray you will find this time formative as it deepens your walk with the Lord. We are also asking that everyone wear red or white as we participate in Pentecost together. Invite a friend and I hope to see you all there!
2. Annual Conference - June 11th-14th this year we will convene in Lakeland to conduct the business of the Florida Annual Conference of the United Methodist Church. This will be a time of reflection, worship, thanksgiving, and discernment. I would ask that you would be in prayer for the people that are involved that we will be open the movement of the Holy Spirit and go as we are lead. This is an important time in the life of our church and having it steeped in a foundation of prayer will be vitally important.
3. 2014 Annual Conference Bishop's Offering - Every year the Bishop collects and offering at Annual Conference to help with our mission and ministry to the world. The year the offering will strengthen efforts to engage young adults in the mission of God and develop leadership skills both here and in Africa. Half of the donations will go toward scholarships for students at Africa University in Zimbabwe and half will help launch a new intern program for young adults willing to serve in selected communities in Florida. If you would like to donate to this offering please turn it in by June 8th. Thank you for your support of our efforts to engage the next generation in the mission of God and to develop leaders who have a heart for service.
4. YMCA Summer Day Camp - Beginning Monday, June 9th the YMCA Summer Day will return to our campus for another summer of learning and fun. Please be in prayer for this camp, the children, the counselors, and our church, that we can be a beacon of love, hope, and encouragement, and that God can use this opportunity to do mighty things within all the people involved. In conjunction with YMCA we are also partnering to serve as a feeding program site once again. Any child, under the age of 18, can come to our church and receive a free hot breakfast and a free hot lunch. No forms, no questions, just food. Breakfast will be served between 8:30am - 9am and lunch between 11:30am - 12pm. If you know of someone that could benefit from this program please pass this information along. This is such a great opportunity and we are truly blessed to be able to be a part of it.
5. Sound Booth - We are in need of a few volunteers to help out in the sound booth on Sunday mornings. If you are interested in volunteering to help us run this vital part of worship, please let us know by calling the church office, 629-5688, emailing the office by clicking here, or signing up at the Connection Station. You do not need to have any prior knowledge of sound equipment, we will train you. It is not very difficult at all, we just need a few people willing to lend their time. Thanks!
Have a great weekend and I will see you Sunday!