Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Midweek Moment

Yesterday, my wife showed me this comic...

Source - http://goodcomics.comicbookresources.com/2007/08/17/365-reasons-to-love-comics-229/

...and I just had to chuckle. I have always loved Peanuts and the religious backdrop that often appears and this particular strip is no different. Here these young people begin quoting the book of Job. As I read through it I could see how Mr. Schultz was trying to bring to light a few of the misconceptions that all too frequently accompany this book.

Job was a man of great faith that had to endure an awful situation. What made his situation so awful was that all of what happened to Job was due to no fault of his own. Sometimes bad things happen to good people and it is not their fault, it is not God's plan, it just happens. My message for you today is simply this; God loves you. God only wants the best for you and for your life to be filled with joy. This does not mean bad things will never happen to you because they will. But what is does mean is that God is not the cause and that God will walk with you through the chaos and see you through to the other side.

I invite to share this message of God's love with someone this week. After all, we can all use it from time to time and you may be just the person God calls to bring a little joy to someone else.

Have a great week and I will see you Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment