1. Sermon Series - This Sunday we are continuing our preaching series entitled, The 11, based upon a book by Rev. Leonard Sweet. To live our life alone not only robs us of wonderful experiences and fellowship, it is almost impossible. We need to people to walk with us, support us, and absolutely love us along the way. We need others to help us be the best person we can be, the person God intends for us to be. For the next several weeks we are going to look at the types of people we need in our lives as a way of helping you identify who in your life fills those roles for you. It is sure to be an exciting time of discernment and maybe even a bit surprising. For a schedule you can click here. Invite a friend and I hope to see you all there!
2. Bible Study and FAD Night - Our Bible Study and FAD (Faith and Discipleship) Night are both in full swing and we would love to have you be a part of this time of fellowship! Our Bible Study class, which meets on Thursdays at 10am and during FAD Night, is currently doing an immersion study with the Gospel of Luke. This class will run through October 23rd, it is never too late to join, and you are always welcome.
FAD Night is a time for us to share a simple meal together and then break off into our groups; children, youth, and adults. After that we come back together for a time of music and prayer.
Please consider coming and being a part of both of these opportunities as we grow together in faith and fellowship.
3. Car Ride - We have a member of this congregation that is need of a ride to church on Sundays. She lives in the neighborhood east of Greenway Park, near Baseline Road. If you would be willing to offer her a ride once a month or so, please let me know so I can put you in touch with her. Thanks for your consideration!
4. Advent Challenge - We are at just about at the half way point of our challenge this year and we are just about half way to our goal of $5,000. This year the monies raised will be split between a local and global charity. Of our goal, $2,900 will go to our global charity, Stop Hunger Now, as we strive to host another meal packaging event to help those children around the world that are suffering from malnourishment. The other $2,100 will go to our local mission, a Church Has Left the Building event, scheduled for early 2015.
Please prayerfully consider how you might give, above and beyond your normal giving, to support this challenge so we may reach out and share the love of Christ with other people. If you want more information about this challenge, including updates for how much you have raised, please click here.
5. Charge Conference - Our Charge Conference this year will be on October 19th, at 6pm, at First UMC, Ocala. We will begin with a time of worship, transition into the business portion of the gathering and after the charge conference business, we will have a teaching and break-out discussion session. I want to invite and encourage you to come and be a part of this time of growth and vision planning for our church and our District. Once again, let us have a wonderful turnout of family members representing Druid Hills.
Have a great weekend and I will see you soon!