Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Midweek Moment

This past Sunday when I got home from church, Davis greeted me with a question; “Baba, did you miss me at church?” I thought what a sweet question and placed my hands on his cheeks, gave him a kiss, and told him I missed him very much at church. His response was even better, “Thank you Baba, I missed you too.” What a wonderful way to be greeted by another person!

I have thought about that question over the last several days and it occurs to me Davis may not be the only one asking that question of each and every one of us. I wonder at times if God asks the same question of creation. How many people that do not know God, talk to God, or spend time with God have that question asked of them by God? I also wonder how many of us could help those same people answer that question asked of them by God.

People of strong faith, people with little faith, and all of us in between will have that question asked of us at some point. I do not know of any person that has not had their faith wane, even if just for a moment, at some point in their life. For some, they regain their faith quickly. But for others that little wane may just be the beginning of a long slide. That is where we come in. We are called to be those agents of hope, those friends of light, those vessels by which the power of the Holy Spirit can be make known.

It is our pleasure and privilege to be God’s representatives in this world to help the rest of creation come to know God or come back to God. I have shared in this space before, that I do not feel walking up to a stranger and asking if they know Jesus is always the best way to be that representative. I think witnessing within our current relationships can bear much more fruit for the Kingdom.

I want to encourage all of you, to be open to those opportunities of faith and encouragement in your daily life. When you see that opportunity, walk gently but go boldly. Go knowing your God goes with you and help another hear the question asked of them by God, “Do you miss me?”. That may be all the encouragement they need to answer yes, so they may hear those glorious words from God, “I missed you too!”

A reunion is a wonderful thing, but a reunion with God is a blessed thing. To help usher in those blessed moments in this life is a treasure you will never forget. It is a time when that veil between heaven and earth is thinned and we truly are in the presence of the One that loved us first.

Have a great week and I will see you Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment