We will have displays in the Fellowship Hall for you look over as you take a walk down memory lane. We are also very excited and honored to have Rev. June Edwards come and be our guest preacher. Rev. Edwards served Druid Hills from 2003-2007 during a wonderfully strong period of our history. I hope you will invite a friends to come and share in this celebration with us. I hope to see you all there!
2. FAD Night - Next week we will host a speaker from Take Stock in Children; a mentoring program here in Ocala. We have a few members of our congregation that serve with this ministry seeking to make a positive impact in the lives of Ocala's youth. I encourage you come and listen to the ways this ministry helps our young people.
FAD Night is a time for us to share a simple meal together and then break off into our groups; children, youth, and adults. After that we come back together for a time of music and prayer. Please consider coming and being a part of both of these opportunities as we grow together in faith and fellowship.
3. Prayer Workshop - Prayer is that blessed connection between us and our Creator. Prayer is the way we share our lives and our emotions with God, and one way we understand God's will for our lives. This Advent we are blessed to have Marge Grieves lead us in a prayer workshop entitled, "Come Let Us Adore Him." It will incorporate the power of prayer into the Advent Season as we prepare our hearts and souls for the coming of the Christ child.
One of Marge's spiritual gifts is that of prayer. If you have ever had the privilege of listening to her as she ushers you into the presence of God through prayer, you know it is a tremendous moment. Watch this space for locations and times that the class will be offered.
4. Advent Challenge - We are at just about at the half way point of our challenge this year and we are just about half way to our goal of $5,000. This year the monies raised will be split between a local and global charity. Of our goal, $2,900 will go to our global charity, Stop Hunger Now, as we strive to host another meal packaging event to help those children around the world that are suffering from malnourishment. The other $2,100 will go to our local mission, a Church Has Left the Building event, scheduled for early 2015.
Please prayerfully consider how you might give, above and beyond your normal giving, to support this challenge so we may reach out and share the love of Christ with other people. If you want more information about this challenge, including updates for how much you have raised, please click here.
5. Upcoming Dates - We have some fun and wonderful outreach opportunities, as well as a few very important events coming up that I want you all to know about so you can mark your calendars.
- Church-wide Thanksgiving Dinner - Friday, November 21st at 6pm in Fellowship Hall
- UMW Advent Breakfast - Saturday, December 6th at 9:30am in Fellowship Hall
- Christmas Caroling - Sunday, December 13th at 3pm in Fellowship Hall
- Blue Christmas Service - Sunday, December 14th at 12:30pm in the Sanctuary
Have a great weekend and I will see you Sunday!