2. FAD Night - We will not have FAD night for the next two weeks due to the Thanksgiving holiday. We will resume on December 4th and we hope to see you all there!
3. Prayer Workshop - Prayer is that blessed connection between us and our Creator. Prayer is the way we share our lives and our emotions with God, and one way we understand God's will for our lives. This Advent we are blessed to have Marge Grieves lead us in a prayer workshop entitled, "Come Let Us Adore Him." It will incorporate the power of prayer into the Advent Season as we prepare our hearts and souls for the coming of the Christ child.
One of Marge's spiritual gifts is that of prayer. If you have ever had the privilege of listening to her as she ushers you into the presence of God through prayer, you know it is a tremendous moment. The workshop will run December 4th, 11th, and 18th and it will be offered at 10am and again as part of FAD Night. I hope you will take advantage of this opportunity to deepen your faith walk.
4. Advent Challenge - We are past the half way point of our challenge this year and we are just a bit north of half way to our goal of $5,000. This year the monies raised will be split between a local and global charity. Of our goal, $2,900 will go to our global charity, Stop Hunger Now, as we strive to host another meal packaging event to help those children around the world that are suffering from malnourishment. The other $2,100 will go to our local mission, a Church Has Left the Building event, scheduled for early 2015.
Please prayerfully consider how you might give, above and beyond your normal giving, to support this challenge so we may reach out and share the love of Christ with other people. If you want more information about this challenge, including updates for how much you have raised, please click here.
5. Upcoming Dates - We have some fun and wonderful outreach opportunities, as well as a few very important events coming up that I want you all to know about so you can mark your calendars.
- UMW Advent Breakfast - Saturday, December 6th at 9:30am in Fellowship Hall
- Christmas Caroling - Sunday, December 13th at 3pm in Fellowship Hall
- Blue Christmas Service - Sunday, December 14th at 12:30pm in the Sanctuary
Have a great weekend and I will see you Sunday!