Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Midweek Moment

These last two weeks we have spent our time in worship looking at the need for revival and the importance that it can play in our lives. But what I hope you have also found interesting is how we are using the life and faith of John Wesley as our framework.

I am sure that each and every one of us can find a bit of ourselves in Rev. Wesley. We each have that desire to serve God, the doubt that comes with whether or not we can do it well, and those fleeting (or not so fleeting) thoughts about our place in the Kingdom of God. Now, regardless of where or to whom we attribute those thoughts and feelings, the fact of the matter is that they are still a part of us and our faith journey. And that is not entirely a bad thing.

Those feelings of doubt and our place in the Kingdom as we walk our faith journey, can help shape us and be the vehicle by which we receive and experience the redemption of God. They can be the basis of stories and lessons we share with others to encourage them on their walk with God. I am ever grateful to Rev. Wesley and his penchant for writing in his journal as a way to help preserve his experiences, so that these 300 years later I can find encouragement and hope from them as I strive to be faithful in my own journey.

That is why I feel it is so important for us to spend a bit of our time together focusing on revival. I want us to find excitement in our faith, joy in our walk, and purpose in our lives. I want us to feel comfortable enough to pray in public, say an “Amen!” or “Hallelujah!” in worship, and talk about our faith with those people in our sphere of influence. I want our devotion to God to be evident in everything we do, every action we take, every decision we make. I want God to be our first thought in the morning and our last thought in the evening. Revival can make that happen.

I pray that as we continue to go through this series, as we continue to look at the importance of revival within our lives and faith, you will sense that deep calling from God. I pray that your faith will be renewed and ever strengthened and that we all stay on fire for God. Because through us God can and will do great things!

Have a great week and I will see you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment