Friday, January 15, 2010

Friday Fives

Greetings all! Here are a few things that caught my attention this week that I wanted to share with you.

1. I am sure most of you have heard about the devastation in Haiti as a result of the earthquake. I would ask that we all be in prayer for those people of Haiti and the ones offering aid. On Thursday I posted a link that talks about ways we can help. Please take a look at that and consider doing as you feel led.

2. We are continuing our preaching series on stewardship this week as we take a look at the idea of "Possessing Loosely". Pledge cards are available in the narthex and in the church office. Please be in prayer about what you might want to write on them. We will present them together as one body on the 24th during the Hymn of Dedication.

3. Our Serving from the Heart Bible Study began this week. We had a tremendous turnout. If you missed last week and would still like to come, you are more than welcome. Just show up on Thursday at either 11:30am or 7pm. Hope to see you there!

4. Literacy Tutor – Karen Hill was here last week and gave a wonderful presentation about what is involved with being a tutor with the Literacy Coalition. There are laminated placards in Fellowship Hall if you are interested and want some more information. The placards have phone numbers and websites to help you. This is a wonderful opportunity for us to exhibit Salty Service.

5.I am still working to get the ministry with the nursing and rehab centers going. I have had several people speak to me already! If you feel led to participate in this ministry please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment