Greetings all! Here are a few things that caught my attention this week that I wanted to share with you.
1. The disaster in Haiti is getting worse. I am sure most of you have been following along as things are happening in Haiti. It is a devastating tragedy that the Haitian people are going through. As a church we raised $130 last week for relief and for that I am very grateful. Please be in prayer for this nation as they continue to feel aftershocks, deal with the chaos that is rampant in their land, and face an uncertain future. However, if you feel lead to do more than pray for Haiti, you can click here and read about other ways you can help.
2. We are concluding our preaching series on stewardship this week as we take a look at the idea of "Sharing Gratefully". Pledge cards are available in the narthex and in the church office. Please be in prayer about what you might want to write on them as your human response to God's divine grace. We will present these cards together as one body during worship this Sunday as we sing our Hymn of Dedication.
3. Our Serving from the Heart Bible Study continues this week. If you would still like to come, you are more than welcome. Just show up on Thursday at either 11:30am or 7pm. Hope to see you there!
4. Tomorrow we are having a service of Celebration for June Straub at 10am in the Fellowship Hall. Everyone is invited to come and share their stories about June. I know the family would love to hear what she meant to you and to this church. I hope to see as many of you as possible tomorrow.
5. Next month we are having an Ash Wednesday service, on February 17th at 6pm in the Fellowship Hall. I hope you will make plans to attend as we begin the season of Lent together.