1. Preaching Series - We are beginning a new preaching series this week, The Drama. Our focus each week will be upon some of the people who interacted with Jesus in the final hours before his death – some government and religious officials, some disciples, and some general followers. We began this series at our Ash Wednesday service as we spent some time reflecting upon our role in this drama, for we are not without a part to play. This week the drama will unfold as we look to Pontius Pilate. Bring a friend and come join us, as we all learn together!
2. Bible Study - We are continuing our Bible Study entitled, Delving Deeper: A Journey Through Phillipians. This is a study written by local author and pastor, Charissa Jaeger-Sanders. We are using journaling, sketching, and doodling as a means of connecting with this piece of Scripture as we go verse-by-verse. I encourage you to come and join us in this study that will stretch you, educate you, and enlighten you. All the details and the form to register can be found by clicking here. It is never to late to join and we would love to have you! Invite a friend and I hope to see you all there!
3. Day on Campus - Mark your calendars for March 17, when the Florida Children's Home will open their gates for their annual Day on Campus. It's been an annual highlight for the last 27 years. The day begins at 8:30 am with a Welcome Tent with warm coffee and breakfast treats, then tours of the campus throughout the day, a special program at 10:30 am with music and dancing provided by the children, lunch in the Big Tent, and an Alumni gathering place for reminiscing. This is wonderful opportunity for you to see the Children's Home and the wonderful ministry they provide. If you would like to go please contact the Church Office to RSVP by noon on March 9th. I hope you can all go, you will be glad you did.
4. Boy Scout Chicken Dinner - Tomorrow, Saturday, February 25th, from noon until 6 P.M. the members of our Boy Scout Troop are selling chicken dinners in our parking lot. The dinner includes a 1/2 chicken, 2 sides, and a roll for $7. Tickets can be purchased in advance or on that day. The money raised will help send these young men to Boy Scout summer camp. I hope to see you there!
5. Biographies - We are in the midst of completing a book about the family members here at Druid Hills UMC. So often we know of each other, but do not know that much about each other. This book will help all of us get to know each other a bit better. We are asking that each person of the congregation fill out a biography form and return it to the office by March 2nd. This book will not be complete without you!
Have a great weekend and see you Sunday!