1. Preaching Series - This week we are continuing our Lenten preaching series entitled, The Drama. Our focus each week will be upon some of the people who interacted with Jesus in those last days; government and religious officials, disciples, and general followers. We began this series on Ash Wednesday reflecting upon our role in this drama, for we are not without a part to play. Over the last three weeks we have looked at the roles of Pontius Pilate, Simon Peter, and the onlookers. This week our attention will turn to the Nicodemus, that great religious leader that risked it all. Bring a friend and come join us, as we all learn together!
2. Easter Celebration - We are asking for your help again this year, to ring in Easter! On Easter Sunday morning, April 8th, we are asking for everyone to bring in two items. One, a flower(s) to help us decorate our wooden cross. As you come into worship you can place your flower on the cross and watch as it becomes transformed into a cross of color, beauty, and life. The other item we are asking you to bring is a bell. During worship we will use them to help ring in Easter and celebrate that fact that our Christ has risen and defeated death. So begin looking now and have your flowers and your bells ready for Easter!
3. Easter Tableau - As we prepare for our annual Easter Tableau, on April 5 and 6, please take a minute to prayerfully consider where you can help! As the saying goes, “Many hands make light work!” Sign-up sheets for each scene, each night, are available at the Connection Station and also for workers to help prepare for the Tableau. Sign-up sheets are also available to help provide refreshments each night. We look forward to seeing everyone volunteer!
4. UMCOR Assistance - Many of you have heard about the devastating tornadoes that have hit parts of 12 different states including, Indiana, Kentucky, and Tennessee. As United Methodists we have an arm of our denomination devoted to helping those in this type of need. It is called UMCOR. UMCOR (United Methodist Committee On Relief), first and foremost, requests prayers for all who have been affected by these tornadoes and storms. If you would like to donate to this cause please mark your offering US Disaster Response, UMCOR Advance #901670, and we will forward it on. Thank you in advance for your faithfulness.
5. Librarian Needed - Did you know that we here at Druid Hills have a fantastic library? There is an absolute vast assortment of books and the topics covered within its shelves. However, we need some help in keeping it organized. If you would like to help with its upkeep and with the adding of the donated books we have received, please let the church office know. This resource is a tremendous asset to our church and one we all can use!
Have a great weekend and see you Sunday!