1. Preaching Series - This week we are continuing our Lenten preaching series entitled, The Drama. Our focus each week will be upon some of the people who interacted with Jesus in those last days; government and religious officials, disciples, and general followers. We began this series on Ash Wednesday reflecting upon our role in this drama, for we are not without a part to play. Over the last five weeks we have looked at the roles of Pontius Pilate, Simon Peter, the onlookers, Nicodemus, and Simon of Cyrene. This week our attention will turn to Judas, one of the most vilified characters in all of Scripture, as we look to lessons we can learn not only from what Judas did, but from what he did not do as well. Bring a friend and come join us, as we all learn together!
2. Easter Celebration - We are asking for your help again this year, to ring
in Easter! On Easter Sunday morning, April 8th, we are asking for
everyone to bring in two items. One, a flower(s) to help us decorate our
wooden cross. As you come into worship you can place your flower on the
cross and watch as it becomes transformed into a cross of color,
beauty, and life. The other item we are asking you to bring is a bell.
During worship we will use them to help ring in Easter and celebrate
that fact that our Christ has risen and defeated death. So begin looking
now and have your flowers and your bells ready for Easter!
3. Easter Tableau
- As we prepare for our annual Easter Tableau, on April 5 and 6, please
take a minute to prayerfully consider where you can help! As the saying
goes, “Many hands make light work!” Sign-up sheets for each scene, each
night, are available at the Connection Station and also for workers to
help prepare for the Tableau. Sign-up sheets are also available to help
provide refreshments each night. We look forward to seeing everyone
4. UMCOR Assistance - Many of you have heard about the
devastating tornadoes that have hit parts of 12 different states
including, Indiana, Kentucky, and Tennessee. As United Methodists we
have an arm of our denomination devoted to helping those in this type of
need. It is called UMCOR. UMCOR (United Methodist Committee On Relief),
first and foremost, requests prayers for all who have been affected by
these tornadoes and storms. If you would like to donate to this cause
please mark your offering US Disaster Response, UMCOR Advance #901670,
and we will forward it on. Thank you in advance for your faithfulness.
5. Librarian Needed - Did you know that we here at Druid Hills
have a fantastic library? There is an absolute vast assortment of books
and the topics covered within its shelves. However, we need some help
in keeping it organized. If you would like to help with its upkeep and
with the adding of the donated books we have received, please let the
church office know. This resource is a tremendous asset to our church
and one we all can use!
Have a great weekend and see you Sunday!