Saturday, May 5, 2012

Bible Challenge 05/06 - 05/12

Greetings All!

This week we finish up our study of the history of Israel in the book of I Samuel. There is a lot of action and familiar Sunday school stories contained in this book of the Bible! By chapter 15, King Saul has been rejected by God because of his behavior. Young David is chosen by God and anointed by Samuel as king in chapter 16, then fights the famous Philistine giant in chapter 17. King Saul grows more and more suspicious and paranoid about David in chapters 18 and 19. Then we read about the friendship between David and Jonathan in chapter 20. The remainder of the book continues detailing the difficulties between Saul and David and ends with the death of King Saul in chapter 31. While this particular book is done, the story is not.

That story continues in II Samuel. In chapter 1, David hears of the deaths of Saul and Jonathan and lifts up a beautiful song of lament over their lives. If you want to find out what happens next, then I will see you next week!

Here is the schedule:

6, Sunday: I Samuel 5-8

7, Monday: I Samuel 9-12

8, Tuesday: I Samuel 13-16

9, Wednesday: I Samuel 17-20

10, Thursday: I Samuel 21-24

11, Friday: I Samuel 25-28

12, Saturday: I Samuel 29 - II Samuel 1


May God add His richest blessings to the reading, the hearing, the understanding, and the living out of His Holy Word. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment