1. Preaching Series - This week we are going to take part in something very exciting! I am going to combine our sermon message and our time of Holy Communion and we are going to walk through the liturgy together, step by step. We will explore why it is we celebrate Communion, the background behind why we celebrate it the way we do, and then we will actually celebrate Holy Communion together.
I am confident that you will be blessed and transformed as you experience Holy Communion in this manner. Invite a friend and come be a part of movement of the Holy Spirit.
2. New Member Class - On Sunday, August 19th at 12:45 P.M., I will host a new member class in my office. If you have been attending Druid Hills for at least three months and would like to take that next step in becoming a member of this church this class is for you! To register for this class, either call the church office at 629-5688, or email me at email@example.com. This is a one session get together where we will discuss what it means to be a United Methodist, what it means to be a member of Druid Hills UMC, and offer you a little background on the history of this church. If this is of interest to you I hope you will make plans to attend.
3. September Newsletter Articles - A friendly reminder that if you have information that you would like included in next month's edition, please submit it to the office by next Sunday, August 19th.
4. Become a Reading Pal - The United Way of Marion County has partnered with the Marion County School System and the Early Learning Coalition to provide low reading score students a “Reading Pal”. What is that you might ask? A Reading Pal is a volunteer who has been provided specialized training who goes into the classroom for one hour per week on designated weeks. This volunteer will read to the student, do a prescribed activity and upon completion of reading the book; the child will take the book home to build their own personal library. As an in-school volunteer you will be assigned to a targeted school near your home. For additional information and to register please contact Jan Hathaway at 732-9696 ext. 212 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Painters Wanted - Habitat for Humanity of Marion County is looking for painters to help get their NEW administrative office building ready for start serving our community! Sadly, the group of college students scheduled to come from the University of Wisconsin to help with this project, have cancelled their trip so they need our help! You can volunteer for one day or many, August 13th through August 17th. They need 10-15 people per day and the workday will be from 8am-12 noon. If you are only available a couple of hours that is fine, just let them know. Ages 14 and up may participate. Refreshments and lunch will be provided. This is a great opportunity to serve our community through Habitat for Humanity. Click here to sign-up!
Have a great weekend and see you Sunday!
Have a great weekend and I will see you Sunday!