1. Preaching Series - This week during worship we are going to take time to celebrate the wonderful happenings of the YMCA Camp. Over the last ten weeks, these young people have been mentored and taught the values of honesty, caring, respect, responsibility, and faith. As the host site again this year, we want to take time and tell them how proud we are of them and how excited we are for their future. A wonderful element that will be added to our worship this week, is the opportunity to hear from the Camp Director, Jim Cooke, as well as three of the campers, as they share what camp meant to them this year. I invite you come, bring a friend, and hear how God worked through the YMCA Camp this year at Druid Hills.
2. We Need Food! - With us celebrating YMCA Appreciation Sunday this week, that means we are anticipating extra people for our lunch afterwards. Would you please consider bringing a dish to share so that we can extend our wonderful hospitality by making sure all of our new friends have plenty to eat.
3. Ocala Health and Rehab - This Sunday we are going to Ocala Health and Rehab for our monthly worship service. We get together with the residents and sing a few hymns, I give a brief devotional, and then we sing some more. You will blessed by the time we share and the prayers we say. I want to invite any one that is willing, to come and join us this Sunday, at 2pm, at Ocala Health and Rehab, as we worship with the residents. You will be blessed. I guarantee it!
4. Become a Reading Pal - The United Way of Marion County has partnered with the Marion County School System and the Early Learning Coalition to provide low reading score students a “Reading Pal”. What is that you might ask? A Reading Pal is a volunteer who has been provided specialized training who goes into the classroom for one hour per week on designated weeks. This volunteer will read to the student, do a prescribed activity and upon completion of reading the book; the child will take the book home to build their own personal library. As an in-school volunteer you will be assigned to a targeted school near your home. For additional information and to register please contact Jan Hathaway at 732-9696 ext. 212 or at email@example.com.
5. September Newsletter Articles - A friendly reminder that if you have information that you would like included in next month's edition, please submit it to the office by Sunday, August 19th.
Have a great weekend and I will see you Sunday!