2. New Bible Study - Beginning December 5th, I will offer an Advent study entitled, Finding Bethlehem in the Midst of Bedlam. This study, by Rev. James Moore, will help us answer the question: Which will you choose this year, Bethlehem or bedlam. Rev. Moore feels that we do not have to choose, because Christmas always happens right in the midst of confusion. God breaks into the confusion and is made known in Jesus Christ.
I hope you will makes plans to attend as we walk through ways to see Christ in the midst of this season, as together we choose Bethlehem in the midst of bedlam. The class will be offered twice a day at 11 A.M. and 7 P.M., on December 5th, 12th, and 19th, in the Fellowship Hall. For more information and to register, please click here. I hope to see you there. Below is a trailer for the new study.
3. Annual Thanksgiving Dinner - Do not forget that tonight is our Annual Thanksgiving Dinner. We are going to have a wonderful opportunity to fellowship with one another as well as watch the video you all contributed too as we celebrate our thankfulness. I hope to see you all there!
4. Upcoming Events - There are a couple of upcoming events in the life of this congregation that I want you all to be aware of so you can be a part of them.
- Blue Christmas - This time of year is intended to be full of hope and joy. It is intended to be a time to celebrate and experience the love of Christ and family. However; for those that have lost someone to death, it can be a time of great sorrow and grief. On Sunday, December 15th, at 12:15pm, we are going to gather for a Blue Christmas service in our Sanctuary. This service is one of remembrance and hope where we will acknowledge our grief, but also the hope that comes from God’s constant presence. I pray you will join us for this time of worship and that you will benefit from the bond it will provide.
- Hanging of the Greens - We will also once again participate in the Hanging of the Greens service. You can sign up to help by filling out the insert in your bulletin. This is a wonderful time to see our Sanctuary go from bare to completely decorated in the span of one service. We will decorate together, sing together, and share the significance of each of our decorations. I hope you will sign up to help and be a part of this wonderful time.
5. News to Share - New Zion Missionary Baptist Church will host a Thanksgiving Dinner on Thursday, November 28th, from 11 A.M. - 2:30 P.M. This congregation feels no one should be without a thanksgiving mean and have offered to host one for their neighborhood. If you know of anyone that might be alone or will not be able to celebrate Thanksgiving, please let them know about this dinner. For more information, please contact the church office at 629-5688, or email by clicking here.
Advent Conspiracy Update - WE ARE OVER HALF WAY THERE!! The first half of our challenge has been met and we have a little over seven weeks left to raise the rest. Thank you so much for your faithfulness in helping to truly change the life of another. If you would like more information about this challenge and the charities that will be supported with the proceeds, please visit our website by clicking here.
See you Sunday!