2. Evangelism Study - We have started a study entitled, Just Walk Across the Room. This study, written by Bill Hybels, helps shed light on the nature, purpose, and necessity of evangelism. You will be introduced to what evangelism really means, as well as ways all of us can engage in its practice. If evangelism terrifies you, this study is for you. It evangelism confuses you, this study is for you. If evangelism is right up your alley and you have that spiritual gift, this study is for you. So as you can see, this study is for you. We will meet for our last session this Wednesday. Even if you have missed a session or two, or even all of them, it is never too late to come. The class will be offered twice a day at 11 A.M. and 7 P.M. in the Fellowship Hall. I hope to see you there.
4. New Member Class - On Sunday, November 17th at 12:45 P.M., I will host a new member class in my office. If you have been attending Druid Hills for at least three months and would like to take that next step in becoming a member of this church, this class is for you! To register for this class, either call the church office at 629-5688, or email me by clicking here. This is a one time session where we get together to discuss what it means to be a United Methodist, what it means to be a member of Druid Hills UMC, and offer you a little background on the history of this church. If this interests you, I hope you will make plans to attend.
5. Upcoming Events - There are a couple of upcoming events in the life of this congregation that I want you all to be aware of so you can be a part of them.
- On December 15th, we will once again host our Blue Christmas service. This time of year is intended to be full of hope and joy. It is intended to be a time to celebrate and experience the love of Christ and family. However; for those that have lost someone to death, it can be a time of great sorrow and grief. On Sunday, December 15th, at 12:15pm, we are going to gather for a Blue Christmas service in our Sanctuary. This service is one of remembrance and hope where we will acknowledge our grief, but also the hope that comes from God’s constant presence. I pray you will join us for this time of worship and that you will benefit from the bond it will provide.
- We will also once again participate in the Hanging of the Greens service. You can sign up to help by filling out the insert in your bulletin. This is a wonderful time to see our Sanctuary go from bare to completely decorated in the span of one service. We will decorate together, sing together, and share the significance of each of our decorations. I hope you will sign up to help and be a part of this wonderful time.
Advent Conspiracy Update - WE ARE HALF WAY THERE!! The first half of our challenge has been met and we have a little over seven weeks left to raise the rest. Thank you so much for your faithfulness in helping to truly change the life of another. If you would like more information about this challenge and the charities that will be supported with the proceeds, please visit our website by clicking here.
Have a great weekend and I will see you Sunday!