Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Midweek Moment

Happy Thanksgiving!

In our country, tomorrow is Thanksgiving Day. It is a day we have set aside to spend with family and friends, to eat too much food, watch a little football (if you are like me), and offer thanks for those blessings in our lives.

All of us have those traditions we participate in that give us space to name that for which we are thankful. I have heard of those practices where before a family can eat their Thanksgiving Dinner they go around the table and each person says what they are thankful for in their lives. I have heard of other traditions where you exchange notes or letters with people that you thankful are in your life. In fact, we here at Druid Hills instituted a new tradition two years ago into our church wide Thanksgiving Dinner where we watch a picture show filled with the images of what we are thankful for in our lives. For those that have not seen this year’s video yet, I have included it below.



This year, I hope you will take the time to express your thanks with other people. Reach out to someone and let them know how much they mean to you. So, now I will reach out to you.

I am thankful for you. I am thankful for how you walk alongside me in ministry. I am thankful for how you look for ways to reach out to this neighborhood and show them the love and grace of Jesus Christ. And this year, I am grateful for the wonderful surprise birthday party you gave to me. I had no idea it was being planned and was so surprised and moved by this celebration. (And I had a lot of fun too!) I am humbled to be able to live life with you all and be a part of this family at Druid Hills. The kindness and warmth you extend to me and my family is true evidence of the presence of the Holy Spirit among us. So for that, and so much more, I am thankful for you!

To each of you, I pray you have a wonderful Thanksgiving and may you feel the blessings of God upon you each and every day!

My love to you all,

No comments:

Post a Comment