1. Special Guest - This Sunday I will be in Seffner, preaching at my home church's 125th Anniversary. In my stead, our Certified Lay Servant Carole Newlin, will lead us in worship. I invite you all to come and listen as she shares with you what God has placed on her heart. I know you will be blessed by Carole and all the other wonderful members of our congregation that will be assisting, as you all worship together. Please know even though I will not be there in person, I will be praying for you all! So invite a friend and come on out!
2. Church Directory - We are in the process of updating our church directory. If you are not in the current directory and would like to be in this one, or if any of your information has changed since the last directory, please fill out a form so we can include you. The forms can be found in your April Newsletter or in the Narthex of the Sanctuary. We are asking these forms be turned into the church office, or dropped in the offering plate, by this Sunday, April 14th. We need you to make our directory complete!
3. Bread Ministry - We here at Druid Hills have a wonderful welcome ministry. From the bags prepared and given out by Bob Greene, to the way each of you extend the hand of hospitality to all who enter, corporately we have this gift. Marianne Bingham has offered us an idea to enhance this gift of ours, bread. We are beginning a bread ministry, where each Sunday one volunteer will sign up to bake several small loaves of bread for us to give to any that visit our church. I would ask that you each consider signing up for a few weeks. There is a sign up sheet at the Connection Station and there are recipes we can provide you that are quick and easy. This is such an easy thing that will go such a long way. I hope you each will give God the opportunity to use you in this way to bless another.
4. Interfaith Ministry - Each year we partner with Interfaith Ministries to provide a meal for the residents of their living facility. We get the chance to break bread with these people and share a wonderful time together. With that in mind, we need volunteers. The 2013 sign-up sheet is posted on the Connection Station. We are scheduled to provide the evening meal the second Friday of each month. It is a great idea to consider asking a friend or two to help you provide the meal. If you have any questions, please contact Libby Orbison. This is a wonderful opportunity to be the heart, hands, and feet of Jesus Christ to another. I pray you will have the chance to be involved with this ministry this year.
5. New Bible Study - Grace. We talk as though we understand the term. The bank gives us a grace period. The seedy politician falls from grace. Musicians speak of a grace note. We describe an actress as gracious, a dancer as graceful. We use the word for hospitals, baby girls, kings, and premeal prayers. We talk as though we know what grace means.
But do we really understand it? Have we settled for wimpy grace? It politely occupies a phrase in a hymn, fits nicely on a church sign. Never causes trouble or demands a response. When asked, “Do you believe in grace?” who could say no?
Max Lucado asks a deeper question: Have you been changed by grace? Shaped by grace? Strengthened by grace? Emboldened by grace? Softened by grace? Snatched by the nape of your neck and shaken to your senses by grace? God’s grace has a drenching about it. A wildness about it. A white-water, riptide, turn-you-upside-downness about it. Grace comes after you. It rewires you. From insecure to God secure. From regret riddled to better-because-of-it. From afraid to die to ready to fly. Grace is the voice that calls us to change and then gives us the power to pull it off.
Let’s make certain grace gets you. Join us beginning April 25th, as we dive into God's grace and seek to understand the power that lies within. We will meet on Thursdays at 10:30am and 7:00pm in the Fellowship Hall. For more details or to register, please visit our website by clicking here, or fill out the form in this Sunday's bulletin. I hope you will make plans to come as we make certain grace gets you!
Have a great weekend and I will see you all on Sunday!